Nova

Leo Van Der Loo wrote:

Hi Dan

That's where I know the name from also, high quality tools.
I suppose that the company got bought out and the name is now used on
all kinds off tools and machinery, quality does not seem to be as
before, more like all that other low cost chiwanese import.
Greediness seems the al compassing force.

When Home Depot introduced the Ridgid line of power tools in 2003 the tools were
made by Emerson Electric, a subsidiary of Ridgid Tools (Emerson used to make the
Craftsman line of tools for Sears until a few years ago). About a year ago
Emerson dropped most of the Ridgid power tool for Home Depot with the exception on
the shop vacuum. Ridgid licensed the Ridgid name to Home Depot. The majority
(35) of Home Depot's Ridgid tool line is now made by Techtronic Industries Co.
Ltd. who own, among others, Ryobi and recently bought Milwaukee Tools.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA