Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Dan

That's where I know the name from also, high quality tools.
I suppose that the company got bought out and the name is now used on
all kinds off tools and machinery, quality does not seem to be as
before, more like all that other low cost chiwanese import.
Greediness seems the al compassing force.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Dan Williams wrote:

Rigid has for years "owned" the market in pipe threading power vices
and pipe cutting tools for the construction industry. (Plumbers,
Electricians, Steamfitters, cut and thread heavy wall pipe which is commonly
known as rigid pipe or conduit ) I don't know exactly when they ventured
into wood working tools, it may well be that they partnered w/ Home Depot,
Rigid is a well respected name in the construction trades, don't know
anything about the quality of their woodworking equipment.

Dan