Dan Williams

"mac davis" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 11:38:43 -0800, "Derek Hartzell"

wrote:

Isn't Ridgid basically the Home Depot brand? At least I haven't seen it
elsewhere.

Derek

It could be, Derek...
to be honest, the only time I've heard about Ridgid is in this group or
the
wRECk...

mac

Rigid has for years "owned" the market in pipe threading power vices
and pipe cutting tools for the construction industry. (Plumbers,
Electricians, Steamfitters, cut and thread heavy wall pipe which is commonly
known as rigid pipe or conduit ) I don't know exactly when they ventured
into wood working tools, it may well be that they partnered w/ Home Depot,
Rigid is a well respected name in the construction trades, don't know
anything about the quality of their woodworking equipment.

Dan