cb

Default Current required for car radio/cd non-switchable lead?

Doesn't anyone know the approximate power or current requirement for the
non-switchable 12VDC lean on a car radio/cd? This is the one that maintains
the memory for station settings, the time, etc.

I'm installing a car radio/cd in my house and will supply it with 12VDC from
a computer power supply which will provide the required 10 amps or so for
the radio/cd to operate.

I don't want to have the power supply on when the radio/cd is not being
used, but I also don't want to lose the memory (time, stations, and
settings) every time I turn it off. My solution will be to use a small
ac/dc adapter for the non-switchable 12VDC which will always be connected.

Thanks for any advice.