Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Lurch writes:
On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 23:20:30 +0000 (UTC), Frank Erskine
strung together this:

Sheltered homes for the elderly frequently have emergency "pull-cord"
alarm switches. I don't know whether these are "momentary" action or
"latching", but they are silent. I should imagine any wholesaler or
proper retail outlet would be able to source these "no problem".

They are 12V momentary usually, most definitely are if the ones you
have seen are silent.

The switches are usually rated 6A mains, although they are
probably run on 12V or 24V systems. They come with red pull
cords long enough to reach the floor (so you can still pull
them if you're on the floor). Often have a red triangle
rather than the more normal acorn, and sometimes two (for
one at normal height, one at near floor level). You can
swap for a more normal pull cord though.

--
Andrew Gabriel