Mike Barnard

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:12:45 +0000, Lurch
wrote:

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:07:13 +0000, Mike Barnes
strung together this:

What I don't understand is: In decades long past, ceiling switches all
worked with a discreet click. We have an old switch in one of the
bedrooms and no-one would complain about it being noisy. But all modern
switches have a loud twang. Why the change?

They've not changed, in the olden days some were noisy, some weren't,
just like todays range of switches.

Personally, I reckon that they're made to do the job, to the
electrical specs, as cheaply as possible. Sound doesn't seem to be on
the agenda. Is it just me or is it such a NOISY world now.

fx Walks off stage left, mumbling to self about the old days...

--
Regards from Mike Barnard
South Coast, UK.

[To reply by email remove ".trousers" spamtrap from email address]