Alfa

Default Picture Frames

PICTURE FRAMES

From a novice

So I did it the usual way - first tried it and then read the manual. In
this case the Net. Found enough to read for days on end. But what the
manual lacks is the specific and personal experiences of people.

My wife has done some fabric painting (very large fabrics) and had some of
it framed in the cheapest possible manner. I thought I could do better
after one of the frames stared to "wrap' (turn skew). Big mistake !! I
bought the cheapest wood available in case, as I suspected, I would be
making a boo-boo of the exercise, and found that on a big piece you should
not try to do it the traditional way. I have read enough to now understand
that I should rather start on a smaller frame and gain experience than to
jump in and the deep end. I drowned.

Are there someone in this newsgroup that would be prepared to share some
information and experience on picture framing. Please!