Modat22

Default Whats would be the easiest way to attach a generator head to an automotive motor.

I'm toying with the idea of buying a 25 kw ST generator head and an
old ford escort for the motor and misc running hardware.

I'm trying to think of how I would couple the gen head to the motor
flywheel. I'm thinking of getting a stick shift car and leaving the
clutch and pressure plate installed then robbing the jack shaft from
the transmission. Problem is that I think the generator head alignment
would have to be so accurate as to make it unfeasible for me to do at
home.

Another idea I'm thinking about is having a plate machined that would
bolt to the flywheel and have a 1.5 inch shaft coming off of it that I
could couple to the generator head with a heavy duty rubber insert
type coupler. (I'm concerned that this setup would be hard for me to
balance, and the stresses on the shaft welded to the plate be to high)

Would anyone have a better idea for me to follow?

thanks