Tim S

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:16:27 +0000, Tim S wrote:

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:41:44 +0000, Christian McArdle wrote:

I hate the b***dy things and would replace it with a wall one outside
the bathroom - if necessary.

I'm the same way and did exactly that in my last house.,

However, in some cases, it may now even be permissible to put them on
the wall inside the bathroom. Unfortunately, this isn't the case on my
new house (too proximate to the bath), so it will gain an outside switch
at some point...

Christian.

Would it be permissable to use a water proof wall switch (the sort with a
membrane over the rocker) in a bathroom (I forget the definition of zone
1,2 etc, but on the wall by the door within 1m of the bath and basin but
2m from the shower)? Not as pretty though...

Tim

Though I just thought that perhaps such a switch isn't actually totally
waterproof, or at least the metal clad box it fits isn't. I've only seen
them fitted outside but protected from direct rain, in for example, a
porch and under a car port.

A full monty waterproof switch would be fairly ugly (unless you like the
bathroom looking like the inside of a submarine).

Question still stands though with provisos.

Tim