Ian Stirling

Mike wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 23:36:23 -0000, Mike wrote:

I was going to use some of those gold coloured power resistors.

The colour isn't important but their wattage rating is...

Yes :-) Just gave the colour so that people would recognise them. The
green ones cannot take such a high load and are slightly inductive.

I've got a 500W green one.
snip
Just what I was after. I'll wire this lot up into a small box with two
leads. Just hope our local scappy doesn't mind a few sparks while I test
what he's got.

Good luck.
That's why I like the immersion heater, it's about the right rating, and
very cheap.
(http://www.whdirect.com/ had them for a pound)