Leonard Caillouet

Not necessarily. The shop may be an ASC for Mits and knows that Mitsubishis
recommended procedure on these is to replace the CRT and the board. Since
both are NLA, Mitsubishi has been offering pretty good compensation to
customers, as someone else pointed out. The shop gave him an estimate
without seeing the set, remember. If someone called me and wanted some
numbers I would probably tell them this as well, but qualify the estimate
with the statement that we can't know the extent of the damage without
examining it and testing. It could easily have coolant on the signal board
that the owner did not identify. It could also be a much easier repair for
$300, but why would you lead the customer to think that without checking the
set?

Leonard

"Ken G." wrote in message
Get another quote .. 900$ is a ripoff