Mike

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 20:48:04 -0000, Mike wrote:

It's brand new but I only run it at a few degrees below zero.

Food safety wise a freezer should be below -16C. There is a reasonable
probablity that some organisiums can still reproduce at warmer temps.
We run ours at -24C.

I don't think I'd want this coming on automatically, and the wiring
would need major alterations.

No major changes to the wiring just a fail safe change over contactor
in the meter tails and installation of a good local earth.

I think it has to be more than that. Circuits like cooker, immersion
heater, computers and so on would all need to be excluded from the generator
feed. Essentially one would need two consumer units - backed up and not
backed up.