Speedy Jim

I am thinking of purchasing an appartment which occupies the whole
second floor of a building. The apartment is perfect in every respect
and has approx. 1700 sq. feet of space. The only problem with the place
is that it has only one bathroom. Before, putting a bid in I wanted to
finf out if it is possible to add a new bathroom and how expensive
would it be? I know the question is very general, but I have no
experience with construction and any information/advice will be useful.

Buying an apt?? That would be as in Condo or Co-Op?
Then there will be some bldg management to deal with.
I would start there. Whatever waste lines need to be run,
they will have to penetrate the 1st floor occupant's qtr's.

If management says it's doable, then you can look into city
bldg dep't requirements (which could vary all over the lot)
and finally ask licensed plumbing contractors for estimates.

Don't skip lightly over any of these steps or you could
be in for disappointment if you buy the property.

Jim