Greg C

"Nigel Heather" wrote:

Nope, its a downstairs room. Most modern houses that I have seen (mine
included) have plasterboard walls and concrete floors on the ground floor.

All piping is in the wall somewhere, so I expect would have to tear a lot of
plasterboard away to find the main feed and return circuits.

If there is a manifold you will find it upstairs below the
floorboards, either centrally located or near the boiler. Larger
bore feed and return pipes will probably be located along under
the landing. Personally I can't see any harm in simply blanking
off the pipes as you originally suggested. Potential problems are
theoretical but unlikely.

Greg C