Conrad Edwards

Default Fixing to PVA window frames

(dmc) wrote in message ...
In article ,
yorkie_pudd wrote:

You can buy metal extending rods for net curtains, they just slot onto a pin
and holder that has an adhesive pad on the back and attaches to the window
frame. Easy to fit, cheap, non-destructive, completely universal and dead
easy to take down for washing etc. and if you ever tire of them they can be
removed without damage.

What could be better?

Just had this problem in a bow window....the ceiling isn't strong
enough to take the weight of curtains, and the warranty on the windows
would be invalidated by drilling the actual window frames.

Between the windows were plastic coated aluminium upright poles.
The double glazing company agreed it would be ok to drill these.
So we drilled the poles, and attached a bracket with screws and glue.
We then attached a wooden block to the bracket, so the block is
supported underneath.
The curtain rail was then screwed into the wooden block.
It's coping well with curtains, with no pull-off or pull-out of the
screws.