Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Nigel Heather wrote:
I want to remove a radiator entirely and finish the wall as if it was
never there.

The radiator is mounted on a studded plasterboard wall. The feed and
return are 10mm copper pipe and exit the wall close together and
perpendicular to the wall's surface.

I'm comforatable with the draining, removal, plasterwork, inhibtors,
refilling and venting - my question is about capping the unwanted feed
and return pipes.

I want to do this as close as possible so the that it can be hidden
inside the wall cavity. I'm okay about removing some plasterboard to
give myself working room but would obviously like to minimise this as
much as possible.

If you've got plasterboard walls, chances are you've got suspended floors,
so I'd find the manifold feeding the rad and remove the pipes from there.
Not a good idea to have 'live' pipes floating around if there's no need.

--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.