Percival P. Cassidy

We replaced two of our old water-wasting (4* gal.?) toilets that were
always getting plugged up and needing multiple flushes by low-flush (1.6
gal.) American Standard Champion toilets and have never needed to flush
more than once.

Perce

On 02/05/05 01:24 pm anon tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

i have my doubts that the 1.6gpf actually save you money. They stop up way
too often and require so many extra flushes that it's probably a wash...
just talking about them with people at work, those of us who have them
absolutely hate them. One guy at the office in his mid-30s said he never
owned a plunger until he moved into his current house, which has 1.6gpf
toilets. I've not been that lucky, but they're enough of a hassle that I
really do miss 3.5gpf toilets.... and believe me, saying i miss a toilet is
not something i could ever imagine myself saying. It's the constant
stop-ups that led to them as a topic of conversation to begin with..

i know some people say that certain brands flush just as well, and that may
be the case... mine is some brand called Gerber.