Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:29:34 -0500, jaime wrote:

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:45:38 -0600, Patriarch
wrote:

There are more than a few software people inhabiting this virtual space.
Hence, we often feel it is our livelihood being threatened.

Given the low cost and/or free software made available....

Patriarch

I can understand how you feel but there are many people out there who
cannot afford the high costs of many of these software programs.

Bill Gates has made *billions* off of people for software it probably
cost him less to manufacture then what he retails it for.

One would certainly hope this is the case. If a business cannot sell its
product for more than it costs to manufacture, that business will not
remain in business long. (The old saw, "We're losing $5 per unit we sell,
but that's OK, we'll make up for it in volume" doesn't work in the real
world).

What gets people irate with Bill is the fact that his company has engaged
in some significant strong-arm tactics and questionable tactics that, in
many peoples' mind are borderline unethical in order to maintain its
operating system monopoly. The fact that Msoft makes money is not the
issue, it's how it prevents competition and subjugates users and computer
manufacturers.

I'm *not* a bad person. I simply made the
mistake of getting involved with a *jack*ss*.
Is it a coincidence that he lives on a farm?

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody