Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Mac

Does your saw have that stupid 45 Degree, hanging motor setup as well ??
Boy what a pain, that was, I changed that on mine, with a plywood shelf
and a big door hinge, don't have no hassle with lining up and tightening
the belt anymore.
I wasn't to impressed with my band saw at first, and used it not to often.
Then when I had broken another band and then talked to a vendor at the
local wood show, he asked what I was using my saw for, so I told him
that I used it mainly for cutting wet wood for making turning blanks.
So he goes to his rack gets a band saw blade and says this is the blade
you need, so he gave me a Swedish silicon steel band saw blade, it's a
furniture band .032" thick, 3 tpi and extra wide set, it is called (The
Carver"s & Turner"s band), boy did that ever make a difference.
As it happens my wife and I went to the Chatham-Kent woodworking show
today and I bought a spare band saw blade from the same vendor, paid
$13.65 Can. plus GST and PST taxes for a total $15.70 Can.
The one that I got on now has a slight bumpedy bump in it. G (probably
one of them gnomes been sawing round wood on it, wouldn't know how else
it happened) G
Anyway the main message is get a good blade it makes al the difference
in the world.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

mac davis wrote:

oh, the assembly was fun, Leo...
In fact, it made the assembly of the HF dust collector quick & easy *g*

I spent a LOT of time with in last night, setting, aligning, resetting, etc....
damn, there sure are a lot of adjustments on these things, and half of them are
under the damn table..

I wanted the delta, and am already wondering after one night of use if the 3/4
HP is going to do what I want... OTOH, this one is instant gratification and
there's no interest and payments for a year... OH, and we also got another 10%
off for first use of the card, or something like that... with the saw, an extra
blade (1/2") and a few things that the boss picked up, the10% was over 60
bucks..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing