mike daley mike daley is offline
Junior Member

Default vicmarc tailstock problem

I have a VL 200 and the tailstock is stuck. It will not advance or retreat. I removed the locking handle and there appears to be a piece of metal in there which does not match the color of the shaft which is "supposed" to move in and out, was it attached to the locking handle and now binding the movement? I also tried to remove the set screw opposite the locking handle and it will only rotate 2-3 degrees either way and then is bound tight. It appears to align with the keyway, any idea that the problem might exist here, if so suggestions please?