jaime

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 03:00:24 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Dunno. I don't remember the particulars, but two different exercise nazi
types did their own version. One of them was a female aerobics instructor.
She ate salads, grilled chicken sandwiches and such like, and counted
calories and nutritional considerations very studiously while on her
McDonald's diet. I don't remember how much she lost or gained.

If you do not remember, what was the *point* of telling me this. ;-p

The other
one was a male fitness trainer I think. He ate some gawdawful amount of
Big Macs and stuff, like 5,000 calories a day, and he lost, IIRC, 30 pounds
on his McDonald's diet because he also put in some ridiculous number of
hours at the gym burning off the calories he took in.

Whatever you put in you need to take out.

The problem is you have to either A) count calories and weigh nutritional
considerations carefully, or B) exercise your ass off to eat at McDonald's
every day without transmogrifying into a fatass like the guy in Super Size
Me.

Which much of the population does not do and which is why Canada and
the States has the obesity problems they have now.

Now me, I'm definitely in the borderline fatass category, and I hate
exercising just for the sake of exercising, so a McDonald's diet is not in
my cards. I'm just saying there's more to the story than fast food is
evil.

I agree.

I'd say more likely fast food is just food, if you avoid the double
grease burger and triple helping of lard drippings on top
(Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... lard drippings....), and the biggest culprit in
our society is that life is just too damn easy.

Yes it is. Macines make things too easy for everyone. When was the
last time *anyone* in this newsgroup made a peice of furniture
*completely* by hand as the first settlers did.

I'm *not* a bad person. I simply made the
mistake of getting involved with a *jack*ss*.
Is it a coincidence that he lives on a farm?