Tim Douglass

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:15:11 -0800, Steve Knight
wrote:

if you get less then a 12" disc your wasting your money. as you can only use
maybe 3" of that disc in reality the smaller the less you can use. you want only
a 1700 rpm motor too. anything else would only work for steel. same with the
belt sander. only if you go up to a 6x89 can you handle the normal speed of most
motors.

Twelve inch disk is what I was looking at. Most of the belts seem to
be 6x48, which at 1725 RPM gives 2500 fpm. I don't really see where
making the belt longer would do anything other than reduce heat a bit
and extend belt life, especially for light to moderate use.

Grizzly part no. G1276 was pretty much what I had in mind.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com