mac davis

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 22:54:12 -0800, "william_b_noble" wrote:

why isn't a riser block just a piece of metal you machine to the proper
dimension? I needed a small one for my taiwan clone, so I cut some
aluminum to size and bolted it in. What am I missing here? why would this
be a $150 part? if all else fails, make one of wood, take to a machine shop
and say "make me this as cheaply as possible"

The manual is out in the shop, but the "kit" has the block, blade, some
additional rollers and guides, I think....
But $150 to make a $350 saw cut 12" is overkill..
hell, I don't think I'd try anything that big with a 3/4 hp 14" saw.. I'd be old
enough to retire before it resawed a 2 foot log..*g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing