mac davis

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:56:06 -0500, Leo Van Der Loo
wrote:

Hi Mac

Good show Mac (maybe not the best, but better than non).
So this is the proverbial Squeaky Wheel ? (G)
80% assembled WHO, hold it right there !!
Stop right there, go back to HD and get one of their band saw help books.
whatever they have and read it, you will get some idea of how to line up
the wheels, and set the blade guides and which ones to use etc., even if
you don't buy a band saw tuning book you will get a better Idea of what
to do and look for.

I was going to advise what Jack is telling you, get the grizzly or other
taiwanese made 14" band saw riser block set, I'm quite sure they are all
using the same frame, (of course if you get it home and it does not fit
the foregoing was never said by me.)%-^)

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

oh, the assembly was fun, Leo...
In fact, it made the assembly of the HF dust collector quick & easy *g*

I spent a LOT of time with in last night, setting, aligning, resetting, etc....
damn, there sure are a lot of adjustments on these things, and half of them are
under the damn table..

I wanted the delta, and am already wondering after one night of use if the 3/4
HP is going to do what I want... OTOH, this one is instant gratification and
there's no interest and payments for a year... OH, and we also got another 10%
off for first use of the card, or something like that... with the saw, an extra
blade (1/2") and a few things that the boss picked up, the10% was over 60
bucks..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing