AAvK

I would stay away from sinking lag bolts into end grain and expecting great
long term durability, though it would probably work for a while, perhaps even a long while. Here is how I worked things out:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~fourl...s/IMG_1551.htm And how I got the
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~fourl...s/IMG_1513.htm
I was going for solid, simple, cheap (hex head bolts are much less expensive than the bench bolts I looked at) and relatively
quick. I hit the marks I was looking for. I hope this helps. . . Jeff.
http://www.fourleavesworkshop.com/

Yes it does help, thanks. That is one of the main ideas I had in mind, very strongly,
because I had seen that on another website after seeing that other high price...
"ah-hah!" went the light bulb.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com