George

"william_b_noble" wrote in message
news:1107586009.f149e012b83ffdeae486c05befe046e9@t eranews...
why isn't a riser block just a piece of metal you machine to the proper
dimension? I needed a small one for my taiwan clone, so I cut some
aluminum to size and bolted it in. What am I missing here? why would

this
be a $150 part? if all else fails, make one of wood, take to a machine

shop
and say "make me this as cheaply as possible"

Of course the rest of the kit, which is the safety equipment, is normally
included.

Lemme see - two hours getting and delivering specs, driving to and from
machine shop .... I'd rather be at the lathe, thank you.