Sir Al Babin

I bought it from Machinery Values in Harrison NJ. But, due to a litany of
problems, I would never buy anything from them again without personal
inspection.
They said this machine was in "excellent condition"! I don't consider .013"
of wear on the front way ONLY, to be excellent. I figured that would
give about a .032" barrel (by diameter) in a 1" workpiece!
But, you are apparently close enough to inspect a machine there.
If you do look at a Sheldon R-series, don't assume that wear will be
evidenced by a
"ridge" in the bed. The way the Sheldon carriage is made, it sweeps the
ENTIRE
width of the ways, and leaves no obvious ridge.

Years ago my kids would file and finish stone the ridge on worn lathe beds,
paint what needed and polish the bright work to factory new appearance.
Doing good deeds and paying the rent is the name of the internet machinery
sales game and I taught my kids good survival skills and values.
I Invented a hot liquid process for resharpening cutting tools using only a
wirebrush, hot plate and plastic dip pot.
My business card is plainly marked "caveat emptor" which has me covered. It's
always best to be up front with the public like this.
Honest Al