Bart D. Hull

Dale,
Nope, 45 degree flares on automotive "AN-style" fittings. Yes, you do
have to be careful not mixing the automotive and true AN stuff.

My plane is using a Soob 2.2L engine so I use automotive components for
everything. Much easier to source and just as good if not better than
the more expensive airplane stuff.

Good friends now with the local "Speed Shop" once I showed them what I
was doing with all that hardware. Real nice to just pick and choose what
I wanted off their wall rather than try to mail order all the aircraft
AN stuff.

Bart

--
Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.
Dale Scroggins wrote:
Bart D. Hull wrote:

I bought the Harbor Freight special and was happy with it. Did more
flares than I can count on my airplane fuel system. Not a bad one in the
bunch. (It was aluminum tubing though) Built some decent hand and
forearm muscles in the process.

Let's see if I have this right. You used aluminum AN fittings for your
aircraft fuel system, forward of the firewall. And you made the flares
for those 37.5 degree fittings using a 45 degree flaring tool from
Harbor Freight. And you plan to take your friends and family up in this
airplane, and fly over populated areas.

Is that about right?

Dale Scroggins