Robin S.

"HoloBarre©®" wrote in message

A coupla guys swear by Harrisons, one guy saying his Harrison held .0005
w/ no problem at all. Another guy says Harrisons are crap because they
have "weak gears". Yet another says he worked in an airplane hangar that
housed both Harrison and Clausing-Colchester companies, and that the
Harrison was distinctly better, altho both were good.

You have to take the opinions of pros with discretion.

Some guys make their machines dance, using every last horsepower available.
Others finesse their machines.

Hardinge HLV-H is very capable as far as accuracy is concerned.
Unfortunately they are not made for heavy machining and are mostly incapable
of taking really heavy cuts (the slides start to move, so I've heard).

I've used a Harrison M300 and a Colchester Master 2500. Both are very nice
machines. I'd be happy with either brand...

Regards,

Robin