jim rozen

In article , HoloBarre©® says...

Any comments on these or other good economical engine lathes? I like
variable speed, but since I got a couple of Rockwell variable speed drill
press heads, I think I've been cured of that romance, and gears are quite
OK. Not crazy about belt changing on a lathe, tho.

If I really wanted a *true* variable speed lathe, I would purchase
a cone pulley machine and fit it with a three phase motor and a VFD.

The variable speed feature that a VFD provides is hands-down better
than the mechanical contrivances found in, especially used, machinery.

The machine would be less expensive, less to go wrong, and it
will work better in the end.

Jim

please reply to: