Ed Huntress

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ed Huntress says...

It's a dilemma, and focusing only on your *own* risks and rewards misses

the
point of the safety issue: that your driving risk, most of the time,
translates into someone else's driving risk. You take the risk, and they
take the consequences.

The auto manufacturers could even out the score by disabling the
seatbelts and airbags when the cell phone is in use!

Or just disable the personal insurance, which is what I would do for
motorcycle riders who don't wear a helmet. Scatter your brains over the
highway if you must, but don't drive my insurance rates up in the process, I
always say. g

It all gets back to my plan for safer, more polite roadways. Simply
place the driver's seat in front of the front bumper.

'Sounds chilly.

--
Ed Huntress