william_b_noble

why isn't a riser block just a piece of metal you machine to the proper
dimension? I needed a small one for my taiwan clone, so I cut some
aluminum to size and bolted it in. What am I missing here? why would this
be a $150 part? if all else fails, make one of wood, take to a machine shop
and say "make me this as cheaply as possible"

"mac davis" wrote in message
news
I'm not really sure how this happened, but the wife asked me to go to HD

with

-----------snip
Second question is if anyone knows where I can find an affordable riser

block
for it.. least expensive I've found on the web so far is $155.. almost 1/2

the
price of the saw!

Any help or suggestions appreciated... I know that Ridgid sorta sucks, but

it's
better than no bandsaw (I hope)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing