Larry Day

My experience it that the inertia disk sanders work pretty well on the
outside of the bowls that I have turned. They don't do well on tight radius
cuts/features inside a turning (aka box) or near the exact center of the
piece (you can end up with a "nipple" in the center of the piece if your not
careful because the sanding disk nearly stops when near the center and you
get little or no sanding).
Just my experience
"George Saridakis" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

I make shallow (2"-3") deep boxes ranging from 6" to 8" in diameter.

I use both Merit powerlock 2" disks with the rubber pads and veclro backer
pads with 3" wave paper.

Looking to see how well these kinds of tools might do on my work - anyone
have any experience?

thanks
George