On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:01:40 -0800, "John B" wrote:

wrote
Some have advised sanding the inside of fittings and the outside of
the pipe. This is correct. Also, be sure to ream (deburr) the inside
of the pipe as well.

So are the professional plumbers that rely on solder flux, and rather new,
shiny pipe, remiss in failing to sand their joints?
I haven't performed a comprehensive survey on what professional plumbers do,
on this matter. Perhaps you can enlighten me.
Thanks.

I've not done a survey.
I have seen many jobs where the pipes were not reamed and problems
developed later on with valves and other fittings when chunks came
loose.