Tim Hardisty

Default Fixing to PVA window frames

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:16:44 -0000, "David Hearn"
wrote:

Roly wrote:
A friend has asked me to help her fix some net curtains to a PVA
double glazed bay window.

How should I fasten them ?

Incidentally, the biggest problem I've had is fixing the end hooks into the
wall. The hooks keep pulling out the plugs (or plugs out the wall). Small
1mm type hooks don't work well with even the smallest plugs as they're not
long/large enough to open them out.

What I do is drill a small hole and use matchsticks to fill the hole.
Then screw the hook (or whatever) in. Sometimes a blob of glue on the
screw helps as this binds with the matchstick to give a stronger grip
to the screw - almost a cast-in-situ custom rawl plug moulded to fit
the threads perfectly.

YMMV.

Tim Hardisty.
Remove HAT before replying