Jeff Rigby

"chaseme5" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
I called a shop today and they qouted me $800.00 to $ 900.00 TO FIX a
Mitsubishi VS-50703 that has a leaky projection tube which has leaked onto
and shorted the main board! They said 3 days of work, $800 is just for
labor. Is this legit?

Which board main or signal board?? Main is the power supply sweep board and
that's easy to repair, not as many traces. Signal board is harder as there
are more traces and feed thru's on that board. Typically there are three
problems with about 3 hours to repair them and then install a drip shield.

1) clean with alcohol and blow dry with hair dryer.
2) Spray with clear laquor (Krylon)
3) plug in and trace problems to OPENED traces or feed thru's. Repair reseal
again
4) install drip shield and hold TV for at least 48 hours of testing.

In shop repair $300