Is the Ryobo oss550 available anywhere? Old posts suggest this was a
good by at $50 on sale. Ryobi still shows it, but not HD.

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:09:53 GMT, max wrote:

I finally need an oscillating spindle sander. I am thinking this afternoon
of going to HD and buying the Ridgid for $200. The belt sander part is
appealing because I have a 4x24 already and will have the belts. Any body
have comments on this model?
I owned the Powermatic/Jet one which worked well but there is a design flaw
in the gearing and the parts fail rapidly. It also costs twice as much.
max