Timmy

On 4 Feb 2005 09:24:54 -0800, wrote:

Why can't we all be neighborly, live and lets live rather than
imposing our ways and ideas on others? Your god my god does it matters
whose gods? Am I a liberal?

As I waded through this thread, 114 post ago, all I can say is gee,
where's the love???....what ever happened to peace, love and
understanding......

Everybody hates somebody, or so it seems. National, ethnic or tribal
socioeconomic/ethnic/religiosity (whatever) history seems to consume
some people, and blind them, to the fact that we're all just folks and
only here for a little while, and nobody gets off this Planet alive, so
lets try and get along without killing each other. Then one side says
the hell with it and starts the cycle of killing, forcing the other to
say "we can't put up with this" and provoking the reaction, and its
always the noncombatants that do all the suffering. Why do Serbs hate
Bosnians, or Irish Protestants hate Irish Catholics, or Jews hate Arabs
and vice versa.....and the list could go on and on...people fighting
and hating about what happend 10, 20 or 200 years ago.

All I know is that I don't have any answers to any of this, except to
apply to the noncombatants my own ability to try and understand
everyone's point of view, and to be tolerant of everyone's differences.
After all, we all squat to sh*t, don't we?

Mutt