Morris Dovey

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Morris Dovey wrote:

[3] make a DXF drawing file of the profile you want and have
rail/stile stock cut for you on a CNC router. This last
approach may be least expensive, since your drawing file
eliminates the need to have custom knives ground.

Actually you'd be surprised. The number of passes a CNC would
have to take to make the profile would drive the cost back up.

It depends on the shop - in my case I can clamp up to 80' of 1x4
stock at a time; and the number of bit changes required might be
more significant than the number of passes because I don't have
any qualms about letting my machine work in the dark.

It hardly ever hurts to take time to get a price. Sometimes the
surprise is a happy one. (-:

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar