Bob G.

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:17:35 -0700,
wrote:

I'm working on my DC layout. A couple of tools I don't have, but
would have DC requirements are a stationary belt sander, disk sander
(or combo), a router table, and a OSS.

I got to asking myself last night, would I ever really need a
belt/disk sander? An OSS seems handy, but when would I need a
belt/disk sander?

============
My 2nd reply to your question...

Seems Barry & Lew would be lost without their disc sanders
and in my original reply I stated that I do not even have a sanding
disc glued on the plate since I hardly ever use the disc portion of my
satationary belt/disc sander....

So like I said it really depends on the work you do....

I make a lot of furniture projects...tables, desks, etc and I make a
lot of smaller furniture pieces scaled for Dolls..for my wife and her
hobby... But I do not build boats or need to "shape" large pieces
etc...

Bob Griffiths