Bob G.

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:17:35 -0700,
wrote:

I'm working on my DC layout. A couple of tools I don't have, but
would have DC requirements are a stationary belt sander, disk sander
(or combo), a router table, and a OSS.

I got to asking myself last night, would I ever really need a
belt/disk sander? An OSS seems handy, but when would I need a
belt/disk sander?

==============
Honestly depends on the work you do... I have all of those tools
and I use my stationary belt sander 100 times more then my OSS
which I assume you mean stationary occilating sander

I will admit that I have not even had a sanding disc on the disc part
of the belt/disc sander in a long long time... which tells you I could
live quite well withOUT the disc..

As far as Dust Collection goes... There is NO WAY I would use the belt
sander without the DC running.. heck even for small short work
sessions of less then a minute my shop would be filled with dust
particles floating everywhere...

Bob Griffiths