Will

Are you sure it's not just a dirty blade? Last few times I had that
problem a thorough blade cleaning got rid of the burning.

I was using an 80 tooth blade on some plywood. Blade was dirty - bad
burning. Cleaned the blade - still some burning.

Looked at notes that came with blade. Noticed it was marked as "good"
for plywood.

Looked through my TS blade collections. Found a 50 tooth blade marked
"excellent" for plywood. Tried it - touch of burning. Cleaned dirt on
blade - no more burning. (I left the dirt for the test cut simply to see
if the dirt was an independent issue.)

Moral right blade, clean blade.

Fence is off a touch - does not appear to affect most cuts.

Mr Fixit eh wrote:
Thought I had the problem licked, but I ran through a bunch of panels
last night and I'm still getting some burned edges cutting 1/2 inch
melamine particleboard with the crosscut sled.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek