Silvan

jaime wrote:

Good move. Go rent and watch the movie Supersize Me and you will
*never* eat in a fastfood joint again.

Dunno. I don't remember the particulars, but two different exercise nazi
types did their own version. One of them was a female aerobics instructor.
She ate salads, grilled chicken sandwiches and such like, and counted
calories and nutritional considerations very studiously while on her
McDonald's diet. I don't remember how much she lost or gained. The other
one was a male fitness trainer I think. He ate some gawdawful amount of
Big Macs and stuff, like 5,000 calories a day, and he lost, IIRC, 30 pounds
on his McDonald's diet because he also put in some ridiculous number of
hours at the gym burning off the calories he took in.

The problem is you have to either A) count calories and weigh nutritional
considerations carefully, or B) exercise your ass off to eat at McDonald's
every day without transmogrifying into a fatass like the guy in Super Size
Me.

Now me, I'm definitely in the borderline fatass category, and I hate
exercising just for the sake of exercising, so a McDonald's diet is not in
my cards. I'm just saying there's more to the story than fast food is
evil. I'd say more likely fast food is just food, if you avoid the double
grease burger and triple helping of lard drippings on top
(Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... lard drippings....), and the biggest culprit in
our society is that life is just too damn easy.

We don't have to chase our food anymore, and we don't even hardly have to
work for a living either. Lots of people sit around on their ass all day
at work, then come home and sit around on their ass all day at home in
front of the idiot light, or the computer. I know I definitely fit in this
category. I drive all day, which means sitting, and I come home and sit in
front of the computer. More exercise for my mind than the idiot light, but
not a good cure for my assal fattalitis. (And yes, I've noticed that the
difference between assal fattalitis and assal FATALitis is very small.)

Fortunately for me, I got my weight more or less back under control after my
wife recovered from her surgical doings and started cooking again. She is
a TERRIBLE cook. I can barely stand to eat her cooking, and I don't really
need the calories anyway, so I'm back down to 195. 195 is still
overweight, but if I can at least hold 195 I'll be happy. I was at 215
while I was doing the cooking. I'm a good cook, but I don't know how to
cook anything that isn't fried or flame kist.

Although I did make an effort to feed my kids flame kist and fried
vegetables, at least. Did you know you can deep fat fry carrots? (I'm
kidding. I did make a real effort to feed them nutritionally balanced
meals. As does my wife. The difference is my nutritionally balanced stuff
is actually edible.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/