Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Mac

Good show Mac (maybe not the best, but better than non).
So this is the proverbial Squeaky Wheel ? (G)
80% assembled WHO, hold it right there !!
Stop right there, go back to HD and get one of their band saw help books.
whatever they have and read it, you will get some idea of how to line up
the wheels, and set the blade guides and which ones to use etc., even if
you don't buy a band saw tuning book you will get a better Idea of what
to do and look for.

I was going to advise what Jack is telling you, get the grizzly or other
taiwanese made 14" band saw riser block set, I'm quite sure they are all
using the same frame, (of course if you get it home and it does not fit
the foregoing was never said by me.)%-^)

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

mac davis wrote:
I'm not really sure how this happened, but the wife asked me to go to HD with
her last night... that's strange enough, right?

We get there and she hands me a sheet of paper... it's an email confirmation of
approval of a HD card that "I" applied for..lol

She says something to the effect of "I'm going to look at lights and stuff, buy
a bandsaw and quit whining about not having one.. (yep, I'm guilty as charged)

Anyway, the closest thing that they had to a "real" bandsaw was a Ridgid, which
I'm sort of wary of from posts here and the wRECk... it's a BS1400, and I sure
hope that the BS stands for bandsaw... *g*

Anyway, now that I have the beast and am 80% assembled, (1st thing I see is 40
carriage bolts..ugh), my main question is what I should watch out for as far as
quality control, parts that should be upgraded for safety, etc...

Second question is if anyone knows where I can find an affordable riser block
for it.. least expensive I've found on the web so far is $155.. almost 1/2 the
price of the saw!

Any help or suggestions appreciated... I know that Ridgid sorta sucks, but it's
better than no bandsaw (I hope)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing