mac davis

Default damn, a bandsaw!

I'm not really sure how this happened, but the wife asked me to go to HD with
her last night... that's strange enough, right?

We get there and she hands me a sheet of paper... it's an email confirmation of
approval of a HD card that "I" applied for..lol

She says something to the effect of "I'm going to look at lights and stuff, buy
a bandsaw and quit whining about not having one.. (yep, I'm guilty as charged)

Anyway, the closest thing that they had to a "real" bandsaw was a Ridgid, which
I'm sort of wary of from posts here and the wRECk... it's a BS1400, and I sure
hope that the BS stands for bandsaw... *g*

Anyway, now that I have the beast and am 80% assembled, (1st thing I see is 40
carriage bolts..ugh), my main question is what I should watch out for as far as
quality control, parts that should be upgraded for safety, etc...

Second question is if anyone knows where I can find an affordable riser block
for it.. least expensive I've found on the web so far is $155.. almost 1/2 the
price of the saw!

Any help or suggestions appreciated... I know that Ridgid sorta sucks, but it's
better than no bandsaw (I hope)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing