Gunner

On 4 Feb 2005 16:19:33 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 05:49:35 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 4 Feb 2005 00:12:17 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

I've got half a box of balloon-head .44 Russian shells to trade? Got
the S&W Model 3 to use 'em with too...

Shoots high and to the right (with new proper ammo), though. Maybe I
should get out the file?

Not if it shoots high. Might consider replacing the front sight with a
dime, and filing that down

Naah, it's a 4-figure value now, and I'd prefer to keep it there.
It's probably shooting high because I'm loading a minimum load
for it (more time for barrel to flip, higher point of impact).

(got a New Century with a dime soldered on for a front sight. Dead
nuts at 15yrds too)

This thing groups nice, maybe 3 or 4 inches at 25 yards. It's just that
if you want that group in the black, you need to aim at the bottom of
the paper...

Load a lighter bullet or speed up the velocity. Thats often the only
thing you can do to raise the point of impact in such cases.
Ive got an old 1917 that will shoot the center out of the x ring with
150gr "collar button" semi wad cutters with a center hold, but will
shoot about 10" high at the same range with a standard 230gr bullet at
standard velocities.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."