Morris Dovey

[ Original post not available here ]

sysadmin wrote:

I'll be putting together a kitchen in the next few months
and I'm building the cabinets myself. The problem that I
have come across is that the other hald has found the style
in a store that she likes and I don't know how to duplicate
that in my shop. I've included a link:

This is just an example, but you can see how complex the
rails and stiles are. How does one do this? I would
imagine a molder is used with custom knives, but that's
gonna cost and what's the limit on the size of those knives.

There're a couple of ways to come at this: [1] Build rails and
stiles up from (routed) strips; [2] have the rail/stile stock cut
for you on a molder; and [3] make a DXF drawing file of the
profile you want and have rail/stile stock cut for you on a CNC
router. This last approach may be least expensive, since your
drawing file eliminates the need to have custom knives ground.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar