jim rozen

In article .com, jmiguez
says...

I think the density of people living in an area has a lot to do with
the view of cell phone usage. The northeast and west coast areas have
a greater number of people living in a given area. The odds are that
the more people you have the more stupid thing that will be done. So,
you find laws, such as in New York that ban cell phone usage while
driving.

If I am driving in New York and a business call come in. I will answer
it. If I get a ticket, I will pay it and move on. I would consider it
the cost of doing business.

Remember though that the NY state law is specific to *hand-held*
cell phones. If you have a headset and are not seen fiddling with
dialing numbers, you will not be ticketed.

I would love to see a total ban on phone use while driving - but
because the powers that be deem hand-held to be more dangerous
than hands-free, I guess that's better than nothing.

When I see folks blabbering on the phone in a nearby car, I tend
to give them a wake-up call via airhorn - just to let them know
they're sharing the road with me.

Jim

please reply to: