Charles A. Sherwood

I, personally, could live with enforcement so that such things as putting on
makeup, eating, drinking, having a poodle in your lap, reading, slapping the
kids, adjusting the radio, and a host of other things would draw a ticket
immediately. I firmly believe that someone has been killed by a driver
doing one of these things. And probably hundreds more really stupid things.

I have personally seen an accident caused by a woman putting on makeup
at 65MPH on a 6 lane interstate highway.

I was in a police car that responded to an accident where the drive stopped
in the middle of a paved highway to displine her kid in the back seat.
To top it off there were numerous driveways on the road where she could
have savely stopped. Saving everybody lots of fustration.

Just a day or two ago I saw a woman in a ford explorer rear end a small car.
I would venture to guess she was distracted;

I have personally seen a woman chasing a small dog on a 6 lane expressway.
I can only venture to guess that the dog jumped out the window in the
slow moving traffic.

My conclusion; People do stupid things everyday.