Darrell Dorsey

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message
news
On 1 Feb 2005 19:05:33 -0800, "Darrell" wrote:

Yes, I got the Delta base and it's worked out fine for me. It seems
to me that there were some assembly order problems, but I don't
remember exactly what they were, so I guess they weren't a big deal.
Just a few long-forgotten swear words [g]. The saw moves around
easily and even in my somewhat cramped space I can "park it" nicely.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond with some good notes about
your experience.
I have to say you really have me concerned about my decision to buy the
Delta. Many will say go with the Uni over the imports for the Delta quality
and support. But gee!!!!. For my $1450 I'm expecting a good top, wing and
fence. I'm not expecting a perfect saw, but I sure am expecting good fit
and finish from the top and wing.

Did you get the extension for the mobile base as well? Is it needed?
--
Darrell